Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Evening in Shanghai


After returning from the middle school, we gathered for dinner at the hotel restaurant. Again, the feast began appearing dish by dish, each one placed on the lazy susan. I could not tell if there were distinct courses to the meal or not. Our dishes included tiny shrimp eaten whole with the shells and heads on, chicken feet, duck, fish, mushroom soup, lemon chicken, and a sweet and sour style pork. Everything I tried was delicious, but only one of us tried the chicken feet. I had planned on trying every food while here, and perhaps by tomorrow, I will be able to do that too.

After dinner, three of us were driven downtown to the shopping area where one of the delegates could purchase a computer cord. We found it in a huge, brightly lighted electronics area where every electronic gadget ever made seemed to be displayed. We also saw KFC and Dairy Queen!

I continue to hope that this blog is working! Perhaps one of you who reads it will email me and let me know if it is actually appearing.

No comments: