Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Friday Morning with Huini

I arrived in the hotel lobby at a few minutes before 8:00 a.m. eagerly awaiting my meeting with Huini. Shiffong had told me that she was very excited and loved the idea of working with young children teaching them Chinese language and culture. When I arrived, she was already there smiling and with her purse on her arm filled with her camera and cellphone. I reviewed the job with her, and we were both just so thrilled that it had all worked out. She signed papers, and she asked a person walking by to take pictures for us from her camera and from mine.



It was now completely official, and that meant that MY official business in China was over! Less than twenty-four hours were left for me before I would be leaving on a jetplane back to America. Of course, if you say the Mandarin word for airplane with the wrong tone, it becomes fat chicken. Leaving on a Fat Chicken just doesn't have the same ring! What sorts of things could I accomplish with less than twenty-four hours to go? Hmmm...

No comments: